November is quickly approaching which means that clubs and districts around the world are preparing to celebrate the great work of The Rotary Foundation. Foundation Month is a great time to highlight projects that clubs in our district are doing with The Rotary Foundation and to educate members on how the Foundation works.
Here are some ideas to consider:
- Show a short video at each meeting in November that will help educate your members about The Rotary Foundation. Leaders can find videos here or here.
- Ask fellow leaders to write thank you notes to new donors in their clubs. To get a list of new donors in your club, officers can log on to My Rotary and select Foundation Reports.
- Promote our District’s updated 2017-18 Every Rotarian, Every Year (EREY) PowerPoint presentation as a way to educate members.
- Use Rotary’s Event Planning Guide to help you create a thoughtful community celebration.
- Plan an activity to get donors excited about #GivingTuesday – this is the perfect day to offer a matching points campaign to boost calendar year-end contributions by using your club’s Foundation Recognition Points. Click here for more information about using individual or club points to inspire giving.
Foundation Chairs and other club leaders can consult this one-page document listing several resources to help with club efforts. For additional support of your Rotary Foundation promotion in November and throughout the year, contact District Rotary Foundation Chair Rex Engle.